Friday, October 21, 2011

so many blessings


Today, has been a very good day. It started off with sleeping-in, which is always nice. I talked to my boss about Kona, and we both agreed on the same date for my leaving, no issues! He's totally cool with me leaving 9 months early, and he's agreed to try and give me Sundays and Tuesdays off work. Which means I can finally go back to Church and get involved in the young adults meetings again...woohoo! 
Another grande thing happened today. Check out this mini verse and then I'll explain : )
quotation mark Mark 12:41-44 
And He sat down opposite the treasury, and began observing how the people were putting money into the treasury; and many rich people were putting in large sums. A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amount to a cent.Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on.”quotation mark
I never wanted financial help from anyone. Even when it came to university (which I have yet to attend) I didn't want help from my parents, because I didn't want to feel like I owed anyone.
In these past few months, however; God has been teaching me a lot more about who He is and that he wants to provide for me. Today someone very precious to me, said that they want to pay for my travel insurance. It costs around $300.00 which is a substantial chunk of money for anyone to give. 
It was actually really emotional for me, because I know what circumstances this person is willing to support me from, and they remind me so much of the widow in this scripture. 
It is so humbling that someone would want to do that for me, and I am so grateful to you. You are truly a blessings in my life, and I cannot wait to see the blessing that will be poured into yours from your willingness to give! 


Chat with y'all soon!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment