Thursday, December 15, 2011

oh the fruit

Hi!
I am JUMPING UP-AND-DOWN with excitement and nervousness. I leave for YWAM in just:
3 weeks.
Can you believe it? I can't.

This week I was asked what I am most excited for. I could rattle off a whole list of things, but I've realized what is most important to me. And I am very happy with my answer:
I can't wait to hyper-speed my relationship with God. I have this idea of who I am designed to be, but there's this junk in the way that is 'blocking' me from getting from "here" to "there". I believe this will be the "to-there" part. I can't wait to grow deeper and deeper in love with God, and who He's created me to be, and to honor him by being exactly that!
As for the other tons of things on my list?
I get to meet all these AMAZING people that will be a part of and staffing this school. I get to be fully engrossed in God. I get to eat fruit ALL THE TIME!
If you don't believe how excited I am about the fruit... I google'd for a solid 30min, the local fruit in Hawaii... just so I know exactly what to look forward too
I get to be by one of my all-time loves: the ocean! I get to see a place I've never been too. I get to walk in the sand. I get to have a new sense of independence. I get to worship God all the time (I try now, but its just going to be a totally different atmosphere). I get to be ministered to. I get to minister to others. I get to free myself from anything holding me back.
I mean really. Wouldn't you be excited too?

Now, after saying this, which is my main brain-wave when thinking about YWAM. I do feel like saying a little something to friends and family who are with me here.
I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU! I love you all so much more than I can even explain or probably understand. I wish I could pack you up in my suitcase and bring you with me. AS much as excitement is absorbing most of my thought-time, there is still way more space than I would like, that is filled with sadness that I am leaving you.
I'm sure there will be a bunch of tears of all different sorts (consider yourself fairly warned) when I have to say goodbye, and when I come back as well.
But I am trusting and praying that our lives be abundant and full of joy and friendships and that we have a bazillion number of stories to share whenever we can.

So with that, its time for bed.
Blessings and Love,
Becca
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment